Congress alleges irregularities in compensating MP farmers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh alleged here on Sunday that massive irregularities have taken place in compensating rain and hail-frost affected farmers of the state.
Citing an example, he said that Chandrabhan Patel, a farmer of Goraha village in a minister`s constituency who has eight acres of land was given merely Rs 160 as `compensation` for his damaged crops, which amounts to an insult.
Protesting against the injustice, nearly 3000 farmers in the village have returned nearly Rs 40 lakh given as "compensation" to the BJP-led MP government.
Singh said that the MP government led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had announced a compensation worth Rs 15,000 per hectare to hail-frost affected farmers, though in reality, they received only meagre amounts.
He also alleged that government officials have not surveyed damaged crops adequately, as promised by the government on the floor of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III