Congress alleges irregularities in compensating MP farmers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh alleged here on Sunday that massive irregularities have taken place in compensating rain and hail-frost affected farmers of the state.
Citing an example, he said that Chandrabhan Patel, a farmer of Goraha village in a minister`s constituency who has eight acres of land was given merely Rs 160 as `compensation` for his damaged crops, which amounts to an insult.
Protesting against the injustice, nearly 3000 farmers in the village have returned nearly Rs 40 lakh given as "compensation" to the BJP-led MP government.
Singh said that the MP government led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had announced a compensation worth Rs 15,000 per hectare to hail-frost affected farmers, though in reality, they received only meagre amounts.
He also alleged that government officials have not surveyed damaged crops adequately, as promised by the government on the floor of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations