Congress alleges irregularities in compensating MP farmers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh alleged here on Sunday that massive irregularities have taken place in compensating rain and hail-frost affected farmers of the state.
Citing an example, he said that Chandrabhan Patel, a farmer of Goraha village in a minister`s constituency who has eight acres of land was given merely Rs 160 as `compensation` for his damaged crops, which amounts to an insult.
Protesting against the injustice, nearly 3000 farmers in the village have returned nearly Rs 40 lakh given as "compensation" to the BJP-led MP government.
Singh said that the MP government led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had announced a compensation worth Rs 15,000 per hectare to hail-frost affected farmers, though in reality, they received only meagre amounts.
He also alleged that government officials have not surveyed damaged crops adequately, as promised by the government on the floor of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what