Congress alleges irregularities in compensating MP farmers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh alleged here on Sunday that massive irregularities have taken place in compensating rain and hail-frost affected farmers of the state.
Citing an example, he said that Chandrabhan Patel, a farmer of Goraha village in a minister`s constituency who has eight acres of land was given merely Rs 160 as `compensation` for his damaged crops, which amounts to an insult.
Protesting against the injustice, nearly 3000 farmers in the village have returned nearly Rs 40 lakh given as "compensation" to the BJP-led MP government.
Singh said that the MP government led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had announced a compensation worth Rs 15,000 per hectare to hail-frost affected farmers, though in reality, they received only meagre amounts.
He also alleged that government officials have not surveyed damaged crops adequately, as promised by the government on the floor of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report