Congress asks MP govt to withdraw notification
Bhopal: Opposition Congress has appealed to Madhya Pradesh government to withdraw a notification under which no CBI inquiry can be conducted against IAS, IPS or IFS officials without state`s permission.
"The issuance of such a notification was not only wrong but also against principles of natural justice," Singh told reporters here.
If Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan seriously wants to root out corruption then there`s no need for such a notification, he said.
Singh demanded that Chouhan should declare data regarding number of MoUs signed and implemented so far before the Investors Meet scheduled to be held in Indore later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars