Congress asks MP govt to withdraw notification
Bhopal: Opposition Congress has appealed to Madhya Pradesh government to withdraw a notification under which no CBI inquiry can be conducted against IAS, IPS or IFS officials without state`s permission.
"The issuance of such a notification was not only wrong but also against principles of natural justice," Singh told reporters here.
If Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan seriously wants to root out corruption then there`s no need for such a notification, he said.
Singh demanded that Chouhan should declare data regarding number of MoUs signed and implemented so far before the Investors Meet scheduled to be held in Indore later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube