Congress, BJP trade charges over Amit Jogi attack
Bhopal: The ruling BJP and the main opposition
Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Friday traded charges over last
night`s attack on former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit
Jogi`s son, Amit, in Jebera constituency.
Union Minister and Madhya Pradesh Congress President
Kantilal Bhuria told a press conference that the attack once
again showed the fascist nature of the BJP.
"The BJP, it appears has never won a fair election as
it believes in winning at the hustings by adopting foul
means," Bhuria said.
He said that things had become worst in Jebera after the
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan went
there two days back and asked the BJP workers to ensure the
party`s victory by any means.
Bhuria said that the Congress would submit a memorandum
to the State Governor, Rameshwar Thakur and to the Election
Commission on the issue of misuse of powers and about the
attack on junior Jogi by the ruling party to win the polls.
On the other hand, the State BJP President, Prabhat Jha
told PTI that he did not believe in violence in politics and
added that all that had happened with Amit was highly
He said that the attack on Amit was not the handiwork
of BJP workers and added that junior Jogi was beaten up by
people who were angry with him for distributing liquor and
cash to the voters.
Jha said that all leaders who had gone to Jebera had
no business to remain there after 5 pm last evening when the
campaigning came to an end.
He said that the Deputy Speaker, Harvansh Singh should
not have gone to Jebera as he held a constitutional post.
The by-election to Jebera assembly is scheduled for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31