Congress blames mismanagement for Datia stampede
Bhopal: Leader of the opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh expressed grief over the tragedy at Ratangarh and demanded a compensation of Rs five lakh each for the victims` families.
Ajay also blamed "mismanagement" by the administration and alleged police lathicharge for the stampede.
There was no prior arrangement for primary medical aid and even drinking water, the Congress alleged, adding top district officials had not reached the spot even seven hours after the tragedy
At least 89 people were killed and over 100 injured in the stampede during Navratri festivities near a temple at Ratangarh in Madhya Pradesh`s Datia district this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog