Congress blames mismanagement for Datia stampede
Bhopal: Leader of the opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh expressed grief over the tragedy at Ratangarh and demanded a compensation of Rs five lakh each for the victims` families.
Ajay also blamed "mismanagement" by the administration and alleged police lathicharge for the stampede.
There was no prior arrangement for primary medical aid and even drinking water, the Congress alleged, adding top district officials had not reached the spot even seven hours after the tragedy
At least 89 people were killed and over 100 injured in the stampede during Navratri festivities near a temple at Ratangarh in Madhya Pradesh`s Datia district this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?