Congress blames mismanagement for Datia stampede
Bhopal: Leader of the opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh expressed grief over the tragedy at Ratangarh and demanded a compensation of Rs five lakh each for the victims` families.
Ajay also blamed "mismanagement" by the administration and alleged police lathicharge for the stampede.
There was no prior arrangement for primary medical aid and even drinking water, the Congress alleged, adding top district officials had not reached the spot even seven hours after the tragedy
At least 89 people were killed and over 100 injured in the stampede during Navratri festivities near a temple at Ratangarh in Madhya Pradesh`s Datia district this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown