Congress blames mismanagement for Datia stampede
Bhopal: Leader of the opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh expressed grief over the tragedy at Ratangarh and demanded a compensation of Rs five lakh each for the victims` families.
Ajay also blamed "mismanagement" by the administration and alleged police lathicharge for the stampede.
There was no prior arrangement for primary medical aid and even drinking water, the Congress alleged, adding top district officials had not reached the spot even seven hours after the tragedy
At least 89 people were killed and over 100 injured in the stampede during Navratri festivities near a temple at Ratangarh in Madhya Pradesh`s Datia district this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video