Congress candidate in Madhya Pradesh joins BJP
Bhopal: In a huge embarrassment for the Congress, one of its Lok Sabha candidates from Madhya Pradesh joined the BJP Sunday.
A day after he was nominated in the Congress` first list to contest the Bhind (reserved) constituency, Bhagirath Prasad joined the BJP at a function at the party headquarters here in the presence of its state chief Narendra Singh Tomar.
"Happy to welcome Bhagirath Prasad in the BJP," Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Twitter.
Prasad, a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, contested the last Lok Sabha elections from Bhind on a Congress ticket but lost. The Congress had Saturday announced 22 candidates for Madhya Pradesh, which has 29 Lok Sabha constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof