Congress demands arrest of State BJP chief
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Saturday demanded arrest and registration of a case against State BJP president Prabhat Jha for allegedly instigating his party
workers to attack Congress activists at a function in Gwalior.
Talking to reporters here, Madhya Pradesh Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agarwal alleged that activists of the main Opposition party were attacked at the function yesterday after Jha told BJP workers to beat them up.
Over a dozen workers of Congress and ruling BJP were injured in a clash at the programme organised over a newly-constructed road. Jha and Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar were among those present on the occasion.
State Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare said there would have been no problem if the local administration had allowed the Corporator of the ward, where the event was held, to sit on the dais.
The clash broke out when the lady Corporator, who belongs to Congress, interrupted the speech of a BJP leader.
Katare said the Corporator only wanted to register her protest at not being allowed to sit on the dais, but she was pushed around and she fell.
He said more than 100 Congressmen were arrested after the incident, but police refused to register a complaint made by his party against the BJP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory