Congress demands arrest of State BJP chief
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Saturday demanded arrest and registration of a case against State BJP president Prabhat Jha for allegedly instigating his party
workers to attack Congress activists at a function in Gwalior.
Talking to reporters here, Madhya Pradesh Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agarwal alleged that activists of the main Opposition party were attacked at the function yesterday after Jha told BJP workers to beat them up.
Over a dozen workers of Congress and ruling BJP were injured in a clash at the programme organised over a newly-constructed road. Jha and Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar were among those present on the occasion.
State Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare said there would have been no problem if the local administration had allowed the Corporator of the ward, where the event was held, to sit on the dais.
The clash broke out when the lady Corporator, who belongs to Congress, interrupted the speech of a BJP leader.
Katare said the Corporator only wanted to register her protest at not being allowed to sit on the dais, but she was pushed around and she fell.
He said more than 100 Congressmen were arrested after the incident, but police refused to register a complaint made by his party against the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family