Congress demands CBI probe in illegal mining in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry into all illegal mining activities going on in the state.
In a statement issued here, Ajay alleged that the BJP government was "sleeping peacefully after handing over the state`s mineral resources to the mining mafia".
Congress had drawn the attention of the state government to illegal mining activities, but nothing has been done to stop it, he said.
If the Chief Minister is really honest, he should recommend a CBI probe into illegal mining, Singh said.
By doing so, Chouhan will get a chance to prove his claim that those involved in illegal mining would not be spared even if they belonged to the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'