Congress demands CBI probe in illegal mining in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry into all illegal mining activities going on in the state.
In a statement issued here, Ajay alleged that the BJP government was "sleeping peacefully after handing over the state`s mineral resources to the mining mafia".
Congress had drawn the attention of the state government to illegal mining activities, but nothing has been done to stop it, he said.
If the Chief Minister is really honest, he should recommend a CBI probe into illegal mining, Singh said.
By doing so, Chouhan will get a chance to prove his claim that those involved in illegal mining would not be spared even if they belonged to the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital