Congress demands CBI probe in illegal mining in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry into all illegal mining activities going on in the state.
In a statement issued here, Ajay alleged that the BJP government was "sleeping peacefully after handing over the state`s mineral resources to the mining mafia".
Congress had drawn the attention of the state government to illegal mining activities, but nothing has been done to stop it, he said.
If the Chief Minister is really honest, he should recommend a CBI probe into illegal mining, Singh said.
By doing so, Chouhan will get a chance to prove his claim that those involved in illegal mining would not be spared even if they belonged to the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok