Congress demands CBI probe in illegal mining in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry into all illegal mining activities going on in the state.
In a statement issued here, Ajay alleged that the BJP government was "sleeping peacefully after handing over the state`s mineral resources to the mining mafia".
Congress had drawn the attention of the state government to illegal mining activities, but nothing has been done to stop it, he said.
If the Chief Minister is really honest, he should recommend a CBI probe into illegal mining, Singh said.
By doing so, Chouhan will get a chance to prove his claim that those involved in illegal mining would not be spared even if they belonged to the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional