Congress demands CBI probe in illegal mining in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry into all illegal mining activities going on in the state.
In a statement issued here, Ajay alleged that the BJP government was "sleeping peacefully after handing over the state`s mineral resources to the mining mafia".
Congress had drawn the attention of the state government to illegal mining activities, but nothing has been done to stop it, he said.
If the Chief Minister is really honest, he should recommend a CBI probe into illegal mining, Singh said.
By doing so, Chouhan will get a chance to prove his claim that those involved in illegal mining would not be spared even if they belonged to the BJP.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund
- US-EU trade deal 'risks' emerge in leak
- Thankful Centre accepted mistake of calling off talks with Pakistan: Omar Abdullah