Congress demands CBI probe in MP recruitment scam
Bhopal: Levelling serious allegations of corruption against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Congress demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation in the Professional Examination Board (VYAPAM) recruitment scam.
Congress party members wearing plastic sheets with messages reading in Hindi marched towards the assembly premises, and shouted slogans against the Madhya Pradesh government.
"See we have been demanding a probe by the CBI in the VYAPAM scam continuously. There are enough evidences which the government has, but since the government is involved in the scam in a big way, that is why the Chief Minister is not ordering a probe by the CBI. Our demand is that if the Madhya Pradesh government and Chief Minister are not biased then should be a probe by the CBI," said Congress leader, Sanjay Pathak.
Earlier the Congress and the BJP in the state had called for a shutdown on Saturday against alleged recruitment scam.
All shops, business establishments, schools, colleges and government offices remained shut and the public transport also remained off from the roads.
The written examination was conducted in September last year.
Around 55 thousand candidates had appeared for around 4,025 seats in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan