Congress demands CBI probe in MP recruitment scam
Bhopal: Levelling serious allegations of corruption against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Congress demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation in the Professional Examination Board (VYAPAM) recruitment scam.
Congress party members wearing plastic sheets with messages reading in Hindi marched towards the assembly premises, and shouted slogans against the Madhya Pradesh government.
"See we have been demanding a probe by the CBI in the VYAPAM scam continuously. There are enough evidences which the government has, but since the government is involved in the scam in a big way, that is why the Chief Minister is not ordering a probe by the CBI. Our demand is that if the Madhya Pradesh government and Chief Minister are not biased then should be a probe by the CBI," said Congress leader, Sanjay Pathak.
Earlier the Congress and the BJP in the state had called for a shutdown on Saturday against alleged recruitment scam.
All shops, business establishments, schools, colleges and government offices remained shut and the public transport also remained off from the roads.
The written examination was conducted in September last year.
Around 55 thousand candidates had appeared for around 4,025 seats in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured