Congress demands committee to probe MOUs by MP govt
Bhopal: The main Opposition Congress on Friday
demanded setting up of a committee of MLAs for probing the
status of Memorandums of Understanding signed by the Madhya
Pradesh Government from January 1, 2007 to January 31, 2011
at several investors` meets in the country and abroad.
Raising the issue during the Question Hour, Deputy Leader
of the Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh
Chaturvedi said during the over four years` period, the state
had inked 195 MOUs and spent Rs 1.56 crore on organising 21
He said that out of 195 MOUs, 57 were annulled later.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra, replying
on behalf of Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya,
informed the House that only those MOUs were cancelled where
work had not commenced within the stipulated period.
He said that so far investment of Rs 24,210 crore has
been made in the state following the MOUs and 13 industrial
units have started production, providing employment to over
However, disagreeing with the Opposition`s demand, Mishra
said there was no need for such a probe.
Chaturvedi said if it was not possible to constitute the
MLAs` committee, then the Speaker should refer the matter to
any Standing Committee of the House for probe.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani replied that it would have a
detrimental impact on investors and discourage others from
investing in the state.
Finally, the Speaker asked Chaturvedi to submit in
writing the points that need to be probed, so that he can take
a decision on the issue after studying it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam