Congress demands MP minister`s ouster for harassing official
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh has sought the dismissal of state minister Ajay Vishnoi for allegedly asking a veterinary doctor to send his wife to meet him for cancelling his unfavourable transfer, a charge denied by the BJP minister.
The allegation has been levelled by veterinary doctor S M H Zaidi, who is also a former CEO of state Wakf Board.
Chairman of State Congress Media Department, Manak Agrawal told reporters today at a press conference, "When Zaidi was transferred to Karanjia in tribal Dindori district in 2010, he met the minister (Vishnoi) after taking due permissions from the higher authorities. But the minister`s close aide Shaukat asked him to send his wife to the minister for a meeting to get his work done."
Zaidi`s lawyer was present with Agrawal at the press conference.
Agrawal alleged that in order to settle a score with Zaidi for refusing to transfer Wakf properties to Vishnoi`s cronies, the minister had transferred him to Gairatganj in Raisen district to the animal husbandry department.
Vishnoi, who holds the portfolios of Animal Husbandry and Minority Welfare, rejected the charge.
"Yesterday, Ajay Singh had raised this issue and today State Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agrawal is raising it. I won`t be surprised if tomorrow Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi or Congress President Sonia Gandhi raises it. Everybody knows my character. If they have any evidence, then they are free to hang me, but if they don`t, then they should apply this muck on their head," Vishnoi told PTI here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'