Congress dismisses Chouhan`s claim over excess coa
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Wednesday dismissed Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s claim that he had written a letter to the Centre for awarding excess coal from the mega power plant at Sasan to another project of a private firm in the "state`s interest".
"The letter appears more in self-interest than in the state`s interest," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement here.
The plant is being built in Sidhi district by Sasan Power Ltd, an Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group company, which is setting up another power facility in the same district.
The MP Government had written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh suggesting that the company should be allowed to use excess coal from the mines allotted to Sasan plant for its Chitrangi unit since it is situated close to these mines.
The Leader of Opposition wanted to know when the State Government signed the agreement to allow the use of excess coal meant for the Sasan plant.
The BJP Government should also reveal how many such letters it has written to the Centre, Ajay said.
The content of the letter and its timing raise suspicion about intentions of the Chief Minister, the Congress leader added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!