Congress disrupts MP assembly proceedings over MPPEB probe
Bhopal: Congress was forced to disrupt assembly proceedings after the BJP-led government rejected its request to hand over the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) probe to the CBI, Leader of Opposition Satyadev Katare said here today.
"We allowed MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to reply to the adjournment motion for 30 minutes without any interruption. However, when he raised the issue of irregularities in recruitment during Congress rule, we objected to it and demanded that it should also be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for a probe," Katare told reporters in the assembly auditorium.
"When the government did not heed our request, we staged a sit-in in the well of the house and raised slogans," the Congress leader said, justifying why his party did not allow the MP Chief Minister to reply.
"Our only demand was to hand over the MPPEB scam probe and the issue of wrong appointments made during Congress rule to the CBI, but it was not being accepted and therefore we were not left with any other choice except to protest," he said.
Answering a question, Katare admitted that the local adminstration has served a notice to his family members for running a fitness centre in a residential area and added that they would reply to it.
When asked if Congress was unable to produce any evidence in support of allegations levelled by it against the MP Chief Minister, Katare said that charges against Chouhan were levelled by the party`s chief spokesperson K K Mishra, against whom the government has filed a defamation suit in a local court on behalf of the MP Chief Minister.
Mishra would submit all evidences before the court on July 28, when the matter comes up for hearing, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city