Congress flays MP Govt over delay in compensation to farmers
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Sunday expressed displeasure over delay in giving compensation to the farmers whose crop had been damaged due to recent hail and frost, and demanded a time-frame for providing the financial assistance.
In a letter to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said at many places, survey of the affected crops has not even started.
At other places, the process of assessing the damage was very slow and this was making farmers restless, he said.
Though Ajay welcomed the Chief Minister`s visit to affected farmers, he said such gestures become meaningless if they don`t get any timely relief.
Along with the letter, the Opposition leader has attached a list of 25 villages where he claimed the survey of the affected crops had not yet commenced.
He said the when the Opposition raised the issue in the Assembly, it was decided that survey of affected villages would be fast-tracked. But the Government is not respecting the sentiments of the House and its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read