Congress flays MP Govt over delay in compensation to farmers
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Sunday expressed displeasure over delay in giving compensation to the farmers whose crop had been damaged due to recent hail and frost, and demanded a time-frame for providing the financial assistance.
In a letter to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said at many places, survey of the affected crops has not even started.
At other places, the process of assessing the damage was very slow and this was making farmers restless, he said.
Though Ajay welcomed the Chief Minister`s visit to affected farmers, he said such gestures become meaningless if they don`t get any timely relief.
Along with the letter, the Opposition leader has attached a list of 25 villages where he claimed the survey of the affected crops had not yet commenced.
He said the when the Opposition raised the issue in the Assembly, it was decided that survey of affected villages would be fast-tracked. But the Government is not respecting the sentiments of the House and its members.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM