Congress flays MP Govt over delay in compensation to farmers
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Sunday expressed displeasure over delay in giving compensation to the farmers whose crop had been damaged due to recent hail and frost, and demanded a time-frame for providing the financial assistance.
In a letter to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said at many places, survey of the affected crops has not even started.
At other places, the process of assessing the damage was very slow and this was making farmers restless, he said.
Though Ajay welcomed the Chief Minister`s visit to affected farmers, he said such gestures become meaningless if they don`t get any timely relief.
Along with the letter, the Opposition leader has attached a list of 25 villages where he claimed the survey of the affected crops had not yet commenced.
He said the when the Opposition raised the issue in the Assembly, it was decided that survey of affected villages would be fast-tracked. But the Government is not respecting the sentiments of the House and its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach