Congress frustrated because of BJP govt`s success: Chouhan
Sagar: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday said that opposition Congress, while targeting him, was hitting below the belt out of frustration.
After launching `Atal Jyoti Abhiyan` aimed at providing 24X7 power here, Chouhan said, "When this scheme was framed and I promised to provide 24X7 power supply, the Congress called me a dream merchant.
"But when I proved it, they started describing it as a Central scheme. If it was so, then why the Congress is not implementing such schemes in Rajasthan, Delhi and Maharashtra?" he asked, talking to reporters here.
Sagar is the 49th district in the state where Atal Jyoti Abhoyan was launched today.
Further, Chouhan said, "Congress got frustrated in the state because of BJP government`s success in all spheres, and, therefore it is targeting me by hitting below the belt."
Referring to the Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh, he said that after safely evacuating a large number of people from the rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, when he talked to reporters at the Bhopal Airport, Ajay demanded Chouhan`s resignation for allegedly violating some rule by speaking to reporters in Airport premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...