Congress has betrayed Maheshwar electorate: Jha
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Sunday said his party was confident of winning the June 12 byelection for the Maheshwar Assembly constituency as the electorate feels betrayed with the Congress MLA from there going to Rajya Sabha.
The confidence stems from the fact that the byelection has been caused as the Congress member from the constituency, Vijay Laxmi Sadho got elected to Rajya Sabha, Jha told a news agency.
It is a betrayal of the electorate of Maheshwar who had elected Sadho for five years in 2008. Just because Sadho wanted to move ahead in politics, she resigned as member of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, after being elected to Rajya Sabha, he said, adding that he was hopeful that the people of Maheshwar would take "revenge" against Congress for imposing an election on them.
A similar situation had arose sometime back in the Sonkatch Assembly constituency when its Congress member Sajjan Singh Verma resigned after being elected to Lok Sabha from the Dewas-Shajapur parliamentary constituency.
The BJP had won the Sonkatch byelection as people there felt that Verma had betrayed them by going to Lok Sabha,k he said adding that he was strictly against MLAs getting elected to either Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha in the middle of their terms in state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in