Congress holds protest in Indore against gang-rape
Indore: Congress workers today smeared their faces with black colour to protest rise in crime against women in Madhya Pradesh here.
The demonstrators holding placards announced that they felt ashamed to turn up to common people alleging that ruling BJP government has failed to rein in crime against women while citing gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in Datia district last week.
"We feel guilty over rape incidents. Neither Indian nor foreign women are safe in Madhya Pradesh", a group of women party workers said.
The main opposition party has been stalling the proceedings of the Legislative Assembly over the gang-rape of the Swiss tourist last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed