Congress holds protest in Indore against gang-rape
Indore: Congress workers today smeared their faces with black colour to protest rise in crime against women in Madhya Pradesh here.
The demonstrators holding placards announced that they felt ashamed to turn up to common people alleging that ruling BJP government has failed to rein in crime against women while citing gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in Datia district last week.
"We feel guilty over rape incidents. Neither Indian nor foreign women are safe in Madhya Pradesh", a group of women party workers said.
The main opposition party has been stalling the proceedings of the Legislative Assembly over the gang-rape of the Swiss tourist last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you