Congress holds protest in Indore against gang-rape
Indore: Congress workers today smeared their faces with black colour to protest rise in crime against women in Madhya Pradesh here.
The demonstrators holding placards announced that they felt ashamed to turn up to common people alleging that ruling BJP government has failed to rein in crime against women while citing gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in Datia district last week.
"We feel guilty over rape incidents. Neither Indian nor foreign women are safe in Madhya Pradesh", a group of women party workers said.
The main opposition party has been stalling the proceedings of the Legislative Assembly over the gang-rape of the Swiss tourist last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi