Congress holds protest in Indore against gang-rape
Indore: Congress workers today smeared their faces with black colour to protest rise in crime against women in Madhya Pradesh here.
The demonstrators holding placards announced that they felt ashamed to turn up to common people alleging that ruling BJP government has failed to rein in crime against women while citing gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in Datia district last week.
"We feel guilty over rape incidents. Neither Indian nor foreign women are safe in Madhya Pradesh", a group of women party workers said.
The main opposition party has been stalling the proceedings of the Legislative Assembly over the gang-rape of the Swiss tourist last week.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set