Congress is defeated, tired: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Dhar: Hitting out at Congress, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday accused the party of indulging in mudslinging at BJP after suffering humiliating defeat in the Lok Sabha polls.
He termed Congress as "defeated, tired and piqued" while speaking to reporters during his visit at Mohankheda near here to meet top RSS leaders, including Sangh chief Mohan Bhaghwat.
"It (Congress) is just indulging in mudslinging at the state government after suffering humiliating defeats in the recent elections," Chouhan said, in reply to a query on Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam issue.
On being asked whether RSS leaders were satisfied with his reply (on the ongoing scam row), Chouhan said, "There arises no question of remaining dissatisfied with me."
"I have repeatedly said in the Assembly and outside as well, whatever wrongdoings were there, it was during Congress government`s rule, as there was no system in place then," he said.
"We have devised a transparent system and made over 3.58 lakh appointments (in BJP`s regime). Among them, wrongdoings were found in 228 cases," Chouhan said.
The Chief Minister said all those who were involved in MPPEB and PMT scam are in jail now.
Chouhan spent nearly three hours with top Sangh leaders who are camping here from July 1-8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH