Congress leader Arjun `s ashes reach Bhopal
Bhopal: Two urns containing the ashes of
veteran Congress leader Arjun Singh were brought Thursday from his home town in Madhya Pradesh and kept here for those wanting to pay their last respects to the departed leader.
The urns, brought from Churhat in the state, were taken
in a procession from the local railway station to the
residence of senior Congress MLA and Singh`s youngest son,
Ajay, Congress Spokesman JP Dhanopia told reporters.
Large number of party workers and people belonging to all
walks of life paid floral tributes to the late leader, he
Two flower-bedecked vehicles were also prepared to carry
the Asthi-Kalash-Yatra of the three-time MP chief minister
from the city.
The ashes will be immersed in rivers Narmada
(Hoshangabad) and Kshipra (Ujjain) and five other places
across Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
The first yatra left for Ujjain this morning while the
second one is headed for Hoshangabad.
Enroute to Hoshangabad the yatra will stop at Misrod,
Mandideep, Simrai, Obaidullaganj and Budhni. The one going to
Ujjain will stop at Bairagarh, Sehore, Sonkatch and Dewas for
people to pay their respects.
Singh died in New Delhi on March 4 after battling a long
illness. He was 81.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof