Congress leader commits suicide after being denied poll ticket in MP
Shajapur: A Congress leader, who was denied party ticket from the district`s Agar constituency for the November 25 Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections, allegedly committed suicide on Thursday, police said.
Narsingh Malaviya (40), who was under depression for the last one week, consumed poison this morning at his residence in Agar in a bid to end his life, they said.
He was rushed to a hospital in Ujjain in a serious condition, where he succumbed, they said.
Narsingh, an office-bearer in the district party unit, was said to be a strong supporter of Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma, who also stated that the leader was under depression after he was refused a ticket to contest the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez