Congress leader Mohammed Akbar passes away
Bhopal: Congress leader Mohammad Akbar died in Raisen district following a cardiac arrest, family sources said on Tuesday.
Akbar, 53, passed away last night at Silwani town in the district, 100 kms away from here. He is survived by wife, two sons and two daughters.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh today expressed grief over the death of the Congressman.
Ajay described Akbar as a very energetic leader devoted for the welfare of Congress and minority community.
He had contested Assembly polls against former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Sunderlal Patwa from Bhojpur constituency and had also served as the Chairman of the Mandideep`s Special Area Development Authority (SADA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday