Congress leader Mohammed Akbar passes away
Bhopal: Congress leader Mohammad Akbar died in Raisen district following a cardiac arrest, family sources said on Tuesday.
Akbar, 53, passed away last night at Silwani town in the district, 100 kms away from here. He is survived by wife, two sons and two daughters.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh today expressed grief over the death of the Congressman.
Ajay described Akbar as a very energetic leader devoted for the welfare of Congress and minority community.
He had contested Assembly polls against former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Sunderlal Patwa from Bhojpur constituency and had also served as the Chairman of the Mandideep`s Special Area Development Authority (SADA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what