Congress leader Nathuram Ahirwar passes away
Tikamgarh: Former Madhya Pradesh minister and senior Congress leader Nathuram Ahirwar died at his ancestral village Bhamora here following brief illness.
Ahirwar, who had been ailing for quite sometime, breathed his last around 6 PM yesterday, his family said. He was 91.
He is survived by six sons and a daughter. His wife predeceased him.
The last rites were performed today at Bhamora.
Ahirwar represented Niwadi Assembly seat from 1957 to 1962 and was also a Lok Sabha member from Khajuraho from 1966 to 1977.
In 1980, he had won the Assembly polls from Khargapur seat and handled education portfolio in the then Chief Minister Arjun Singh`s Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you