Congress leader Nathuram Ahirwar passes away
Tikamgarh: Former Madhya Pradesh minister and senior Congress leader Nathuram Ahirwar died at his ancestral village Bhamora here following brief illness.
Ahirwar, who had been ailing for quite sometime, breathed his last around 6 PM yesterday, his family said. He was 91.
He is survived by six sons and a daughter. His wife predeceased him.
The last rites were performed today at Bhamora.
Ahirwar represented Niwadi Assembly seat from 1957 to 1962 and was also a Lok Sabha member from Khajuraho from 1966 to 1977.
In 1980, he had won the Assembly polls from Khargapur seat and handled education portfolio in the then Chief Minister Arjun Singh`s Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September