Congress leader Nathuram Ahirwar passes away
Tikamgarh: Former Madhya Pradesh minister and senior Congress leader Nathuram Ahirwar died at his ancestral village Bhamora here following brief illness.
Ahirwar, who had been ailing for quite sometime, breathed his last around 6 PM yesterday, his family said. He was 91.
He is survived by six sons and a daughter. His wife predeceased him.
The last rites were performed today at Bhamora.
Ahirwar represented Niwadi Assembly seat from 1957 to 1962 and was also a Lok Sabha member from Khajuraho from 1966 to 1977.
In 1980, he had won the Assembly polls from Khargapur seat and handled education portfolio in the then Chief Minister Arjun Singh`s Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS