Congress leader slams Uma Bharti for `final rites` remarks
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh on Tuesday hit out at BJP Vice President Uma Bharti for her remarks that the `final rites` of Congress would be performed during the Assembly elections later this year.
Bharti yesterday said that she had decimated Congress in 2003 and "in 2008 its last rites took place. In 2013, I am sure its pind-daan` (rituals after cremation) will be performed."
Singh said in a statement here that "Uma`s last rites as a politician had been conducted during her life time by the BJP which had exported her to Uttar Pradesh."
"It appears that the BJP Vice President has forgotten the humiliation she had to undergo when she was forced out of that party," the Congress leader said.
Uma neither believes in democracy nor she has any respect for the people anywhere, he alleged while adding that "she had not visited Charkhari" (Assembly seat in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh) after winning election from there.
"Bharti did not attend the session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly even for a single day and has thus performed the last rites of democracy and the mandate given to her," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok