Congress leader slams Uma Bharti for `final rites` remarks
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh on Tuesday hit out at BJP Vice President Uma Bharti for her remarks that the `final rites` of Congress would be performed during the Assembly elections later this year.
Bharti yesterday said that she had decimated Congress in 2003 and "in 2008 its last rites took place. In 2013, I am sure its pind-daan` (rituals after cremation) will be performed."
Singh said in a statement here that "Uma`s last rites as a politician had been conducted during her life time by the BJP which had exported her to Uttar Pradesh."
"It appears that the BJP Vice President has forgotten the humiliation she had to undergo when she was forced out of that party," the Congress leader said.
Uma neither believes in democracy nor she has any respect for the people anywhere, he alleged while adding that "she had not visited Charkhari" (Assembly seat in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh) after winning election from there.
"Bharti did not attend the session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly even for a single day and has thus performed the last rites of democracy and the mandate given to her," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative