Congress leader slams Uma Bharti for `final rites`
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh today hit out at BJP Vice President Uma Bharti for her remarks that the `final rites` of Congress would be performed during the Assembly elections later this year.
Bharti yesterday said that she had decimated Congress in 2003 and "in 2008 its last rites took place. In 2013, I am sure its pind-daan` (rituals after cremation) will be performed."
Singh said in a statement here that "Uma`s last rites as a politician had been conducted during her life time by the BJP which had exported her to Uttar Pradesh."
"It appears that the BJP Vice President has forgotten the humiliation she had to undergo when she was forced out of that party," the Congress leader said.
Uma neither believes in democracy nor she has any respect for the people anywhere, he alleged while adding that "she had not visited Charkhari" (Assembly seat in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh) after winning election from there.
"Bharti did not attend the session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly even for a single day and has thus performed the last rites of democracy and the mandate given to her," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region