Congress leader slams Uma Bharti for `final rites`
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh today hit out at BJP Vice President Uma Bharti for her remarks that the `final rites` of Congress would be performed during the Assembly elections later this year.
Bharti yesterday said that she had decimated Congress in 2003 and "in 2008 its last rites took place. In 2013, I am sure its pind-daan` (rituals after cremation) will be performed."
Singh said in a statement here that "Uma`s last rites as a politician had been conducted during her life time by the BJP which had exported her to Uttar Pradesh."
"It appears that the BJP Vice President has forgotten the humiliation she had to undergo when she was forced out of that party," the Congress leader said.
Uma neither believes in democracy nor she has any respect for the people anywhere, he alleged while adding that "she had not visited Charkhari" (Assembly seat in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh) after winning election from there.
"Bharti did not attend the session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly even for a single day and has thus performed the last rites of democracy and the mandate given to her," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah