Congress leader slams Uma Bharti for `final rites`
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh today hit out at BJP Vice President Uma Bharti for her remarks that the `final rites` of Congress would be performed during the Assembly elections later this year.
Bharti yesterday said that she had decimated Congress in 2003 and "in 2008 its last rites took place. In 2013, I am sure its pind-daan` (rituals after cremation) will be performed."
Singh said in a statement here that "Uma`s last rites as a politician had been conducted during her life time by the BJP which had exported her to Uttar Pradesh."
"It appears that the BJP Vice President has forgotten the humiliation she had to undergo when she was forced out of that party," the Congress leader said.
Uma neither believes in democracy nor she has any respect for the people anywhere, he alleged while adding that "she had not visited Charkhari" (Assembly seat in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh) after winning election from there.
"Bharti did not attend the session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly even for a single day and has thus performed the last rites of democracy and the mandate given to her," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!