Congress leaders must work together: Scindia
Bhopal: Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia on Saturday impressed upon the need for ensuring unity among all top Congress leaders in Madhya Pradesh.
"It is my firm belief that if all the Congress leaders in the state work unitedly, nothing can prevent the party from winning the 2013 Assembly elections," the Minister told mediapersons.
Jyotiraditya said in his view, the unity will serve its true purpose only when the leaders really come together and do not project togetherness for a mere show of it.
There is a wave in favour of the Congress at present in Madhya Pradesh but this can prove useful only if all leaders behave like workers, he said.
"I feel that all leaders from the district-to-state-to national level must have no hesitation in putting in efforts like a worker," the minister said.
Jyotiraditya said he visits various parts of the state almost every month and had found that the condition of the people was bad in all aspects.
People are suffering due to many things including lack of infrastructure, mismanagement and gross irregularities in the purchase of wheat, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez