Congress MLA attacked in Madhya Pradesh
Bhind: Congress MLA from Gohad, Ranveer Jatav, was allegedly attacked by unidentified assailants when he was returning to Bhind town Monday night, police said.
In his complaint to police, the MLA said when his vehicle reached a culvert near Bilkhari village on Gwalior-Itawa road, six-seven persons tried to stop his jeep, SP (Bhind) SK Naqvi told a news agency today.
When the vehicle slowed down, they started pelting it with stones and damaged the side window where the MLA was sitting, Naqvi said.
Jatav then asked his driver to speed up the vehicle following which they fired at it. A security personnel who accompanied the MLA also fired at them in retaliation, though no one was injured in the incident, the SP said.
Later when police reached the spot, they found three Kanjar tribals roaming in the area in an inebriated state and arrested them.
Jatav alleged that the attack was a "pre-planned conspiracy." His father Makhanlal Jatav`s was gunned down on April 13, 2009.
He said despite his opposition in the high court, the accused were granted bail.
Condemning the incident, senior Congress MLA Govind Singh alleged nexus between police and anti-social elements and demanded that the incident should be probed seriously.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'