Congress MLA attacked in Madhya Pradesh
Bhind: Congress MLA from Gohad, Ranveer Jatav, was allegedly attacked by unidentified assailants when he was returning to Bhind town Monday night, police said.
In his complaint to police, the MLA said when his vehicle reached a culvert near Bilkhari village on Gwalior-Itawa road, six-seven persons tried to stop his jeep, SP (Bhind) SK Naqvi told a news agency today.
When the vehicle slowed down, they started pelting it with stones and damaged the side window where the MLA was sitting, Naqvi said.
Jatav then asked his driver to speed up the vehicle following which they fired at it. A security personnel who accompanied the MLA also fired at them in retaliation, though no one was injured in the incident, the SP said.
Later when police reached the spot, they found three Kanjar tribals roaming in the area in an inebriated state and arrested them.
Jatav alleged that the attack was a "pre-planned conspiracy." His father Makhanlal Jatav`s was gunned down on April 13, 2009.
He said despite his opposition in the high court, the accused were granted bail.
Condemning the incident, senior Congress MLA Govind Singh alleged nexus between police and anti-social elements and demanded that the incident should be probed seriously.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`