Congress MLA attacked in MP
Bhind (MP): Congress MLA from Gohad, Ranveer Jatav, was allegedly attacked by unidentified assailants when he was returning to Bhind town on Sunday night, police said.
In his complaint to police, the MLA said when his vehicle reached a culvert near Bilkhari village on Gwalior-Itawa road, six-seven persons tried to stop his jeep, SP (Bhind) SK Naqvi said today.
When the vehicle slowed down, they started pelting it with stones and damaged the side window where the MLA was sitting, Naqvi said.
Jatav then asked his driver to speed up the vehicle following which they fired at it. A security personnel who accompanied the MLA also fired at them in retaliation, though no one was injured in the incident, the SP said.
Later when police reached the spot, they found three Kanjar tribals roaming in the area in an inebriated state and arrested them.
Jatav alleged that the attack was a "pre-planned conspiracy." His father Makhanlal Jatav`s was gunned down on April 13, 2009.
He said despite his opposition in the high court, the accused were granted bail.
Condemning the incident, senior Congress MLA Govind Singh alleged nexus between police and anti-social elements and demanded that the incident should be probed seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31