Congress MLA attacked in MP
Bhind (MP): Congress MLA from Gohad, Ranveer Jatav, was allegedly attacked by unidentified assailants when he was returning to Bhind town on Sunday night, police said.
In his complaint to police, the MLA said when his vehicle reached a culvert near Bilkhari village on Gwalior-Itawa road, six-seven persons tried to stop his jeep, SP (Bhind) SK Naqvi said today.
When the vehicle slowed down, they started pelting it with stones and damaged the side window where the MLA was sitting, Naqvi said.
Jatav then asked his driver to speed up the vehicle following which they fired at it. A security personnel who accompanied the MLA also fired at them in retaliation, though no one was injured in the incident, the SP said.
Later when police reached the spot, they found three Kanjar tribals roaming in the area in an inebriated state and arrested them.
Jatav alleged that the attack was a "pre-planned conspiracy." His father Makhanlal Jatav`s was gunned down on April 13, 2009.
He said despite his opposition in the high court, the accused were granted bail.
Condemning the incident, senior Congress MLA Govind Singh alleged nexus between police and anti-social elements and demanded that the incident should be probed seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued