Congress opposes private universities in MP
Bhopal: The Opposition Congress in Madhya
Pradesh on Thursday alleged that the BJP Government has hatched a
"conspiracy" to hand over higher education segment to "mafia"
in the state.
The Government`s move to amend the Madhya Pradesh
Private University Bill shows it has hatched a "conspiracy" to
hand over higher education to "mafia", Leader of Opposition in
Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement here.
The haste with which the amendment Bill had been
introduced in the Assembly created doubts about intention of
the state administration, he said.
The Bill had been introduced merely as a formality
and the Government had already given permission for opening
private universities in Sagar and Satna, Ajay said.
On one hand, the Government was unable to prevent the
de-recognition of ayurveda and medical colleges and on the
other, it was advocating setting up of private universities in
Madhya Pradesh, the Congress leader maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda