Congress` poll compulsions defined Cabinet rejig: LK Advani
Indore: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday alleged that recent reshuffle of Union Council of Ministers was effected to suit Congress` election compulsions.
"Honest ministers were demoted and punished (in Cabinet reshuffle) while those who matter in elections are allotted berths in the Manmohan Singh Cabinet," he said in the valedictory address at Global Investors Summit here.
Advani said he was disappointed with "spate of scams tumbling out of the Centre`s closet".
"Aaj jitna nirash hota hun, utna pahle nahi tha...Ek ke baad ek scam ho rahein hain (I am feeling much disappointed today than ever before...One scam after another is coming to the light. Today`s scams have surpassed the magnitude of Bofors scam," he said.
Advani said Rajiv Gandhi government was embroiled in Bofors scam even though it had won 1984 elections with unprecedented majority. "However, the government lost due to Bofors scam in the next elections," he said.
Lauding Madhya Pradesh government for upholding "transparency and good governance", Advani said the BJP-ruled states are best in terms of governance and progress because they are ruled by "honest" leaders.
"While Delhi style of governance deters investors, Bhopal style of governance is attracting investors," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged