Congress` poll compulsions defined Cabinet rejig: LK Advani
Indore: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday alleged that recent reshuffle of Union Council of Ministers was effected to suit Congress` election compulsions.
"Honest ministers were demoted and punished (in Cabinet reshuffle) while those who matter in elections are allotted berths in the Manmohan Singh Cabinet," he said in the valedictory address at Global Investors Summit here.
Advani said he was disappointed with "spate of scams tumbling out of the Centre`s closet".
"Aaj jitna nirash hota hun, utna pahle nahi tha...Ek ke baad ek scam ho rahein hain (I am feeling much disappointed today than ever before...One scam after another is coming to the light. Today`s scams have surpassed the magnitude of Bofors scam," he said.
Advani said Rajiv Gandhi government was embroiled in Bofors scam even though it had won 1984 elections with unprecedented majority. "However, the government lost due to Bofors scam in the next elections," he said.
Lauding Madhya Pradesh government for upholding "transparency and good governance", Advani said the BJP-ruled states are best in terms of governance and progress because they are ruled by "honest" leaders.
"While Delhi style of governance deters investors, Bhopal style of governance is attracting investors," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list