Congress seeks CBI probe into IPS officer`s murder
Indore: Opposition Congress on Friday demanded
a CBI probe into the alleged murder of IPS officer Narendra
Kumar Singh while accusing the ruling BJP of protecting the
mining mafia in the region.
"I came to know that nearly a month ago, some
policemen were beaten up by the mining mafia and when they
went to complain about the incident, BJP MP Narendra Singh
Tomar ensured that no action is taken in this regard," Madhya
Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Kantilal Bhuria
We demand a CBI probe into the murder and want the
state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta to resign in the wake of
the shocking incident, he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has
ordered a judicial probe into the murder of the 30-year-old
officer, who was allegedly mowed down by a mining mafia at
Banmore in Morena district yesterday when he tried stopping a
vehicle carrying stones.
Bhuria also accused former minister Rustam Singh of
shielding illegal mining in the region, saying "there is a
strong nexus between mining mafia and the ruling BJP members
in the state".
"If illegal mining in the state is seriously probed,
then it would emerge larger than that of the Karnataka mining
scam," Bhuria said.
Congress will meet Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and the
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and would apprise them with
the pathetic law and order situation in the state, the state
unit chief said.
Bhuria also supported the allegation of Narendra`s
father that his son was killed as part of a conspiracy as he
was trying to curb the illegal mining but was not getting
desired support from the administration and higher officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam