Congress seeks CBI probe into IPS officer`s murder
Indore: Opposition Congress on Friday demanded
a CBI probe into the alleged murder of IPS officer Narendra
Kumar Singh while accusing the ruling BJP of protecting the
mining mafia in the region.
"I came to know that nearly a month ago, some
policemen were beaten up by the mining mafia and when they
went to complain about the incident, BJP MP Narendra Singh
Tomar ensured that no action is taken in this regard," Madhya
Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Kantilal Bhuria
We demand a CBI probe into the murder and want the
state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta to resign in the wake of
the shocking incident, he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has
ordered a judicial probe into the murder of the 30-year-old
officer, who was allegedly mowed down by a mining mafia at
Banmore in Morena district yesterday when he tried stopping a
vehicle carrying stones.
Bhuria also accused former minister Rustam Singh of
shielding illegal mining in the region, saying "there is a
strong nexus between mining mafia and the ruling BJP members
in the state".
"If illegal mining in the state is seriously probed,
then it would emerge larger than that of the Karnataka mining
scam," Bhuria said.
Congress will meet Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and the
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and would apprise them with
the pathetic law and order situation in the state, the state
unit chief said.
Bhuria also supported the allegation of Narendra`s
father that his son was killed as part of a conspiracy as he
was trying to curb the illegal mining but was not getting
desired support from the administration and higher officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India