Congress sure of coming to power in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Monday expressed confidence it would return to power in the Assembly election slated by the year-end and took potshots at Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for taking to Twitter.
Asked by reporters why he was so sure of a Congress poll win in the BJP-ruled state, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Singh remarked: "We became confident ever since the Chief Minister began tweeting on twitter."
Ajay said it was well-known that Chouhan himself was not writing the tweets which were being penned by a person from outside Madhya Pradesh.
Asked when he would open his account on the popular social networking site, the Congress leader shot back "we know that only birds tweet and I am not a bird".
The Leader of Opposition said a lot of money was being spent on buying electricity so that the BJP government can claim that it was supplying power 24 hours.
Ajay claimed there was a scam behind this purchase of power and the day it was exposed, it will become bigger than Bihar`s fodder scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali