Congress takes potshots at ruling BJP in MP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh unit of opposition Congress today staged protests against ruling BJP here accusing it of not doing enough to weed out corruption.
The demonstrations were held under the Madhya Pradesh Rajiv Vikas Kendra (MPRVK) at two separate venues with the Congress workers raising slogans against the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Congress was demanding a discussion on the floor of the House over recent raids by the Income Tax department on two businessmen whom it has accused of being "close" to BJP leaders.
The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was today adjourned sine die on the issue amid din by the Congress leaders on the issue.
At the protest venue at Krishnachatri, the Congress mocked the prominent BJP leaders, including chief minister and some of his cabinet colleagues. The party also took a potshot at the state unit BJP president Prabhat Kumar Jha, MPRVK executive state president Devendra Singh Yadav told reporters.
Yadav said that instead of taking appropriate action after the raids, the state government is merely watching from the ringside.
Meanwhile, BJP workers, under city president Shankar Lalwani, resorted to a sit-in protest at Chawani Circle against "unruly" behaviour of Congress MLAs in the Assembly, a party spokesperson said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive