Congress takes potshots at ruling BJP in MP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh unit of opposition Congress today staged protests against ruling BJP here accusing it of not doing enough to weed out corruption.
The demonstrations were held under the Madhya Pradesh Rajiv Vikas Kendra (MPRVK) at two separate venues with the Congress workers raising slogans against the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Congress was demanding a discussion on the floor of the House over recent raids by the Income Tax department on two businessmen whom it has accused of being "close" to BJP leaders.
The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was today adjourned sine die on the issue amid din by the Congress leaders on the issue.
At the protest venue at Krishnachatri, the Congress mocked the prominent BJP leaders, including chief minister and some of his cabinet colleagues. The party also took a potshot at the state unit BJP president Prabhat Kumar Jha, MPRVK executive state president Devendra Singh Yadav told reporters.
Yadav said that instead of taking appropriate action after the raids, the state government is merely watching from the ringside.
Meanwhile, BJP workers, under city president Shankar Lalwani, resorted to a sit-in protest at Chawani Circle against "unruly" behaviour of Congress MLAs in the Assembly, a party spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway