Congress takes potshots at ruling BJP in MP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh unit of opposition Congress today staged protests against ruling BJP here accusing it of not doing enough to weed out corruption.
The demonstrations were held under the Madhya Pradesh Rajiv Vikas Kendra (MPRVK) at two separate venues with the Congress workers raising slogans against the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Congress was demanding a discussion on the floor of the House over recent raids by the Income Tax department on two businessmen whom it has accused of being "close" to BJP leaders.
The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was today adjourned sine die on the issue amid din by the Congress leaders on the issue.
At the protest venue at Krishnachatri, the Congress mocked the prominent BJP leaders, including chief minister and some of his cabinet colleagues. The party also took a potshot at the state unit BJP president Prabhat Kumar Jha, MPRVK executive state president Devendra Singh Yadav told reporters.
Yadav said that instead of taking appropriate action after the raids, the state government is merely watching from the ringside.
Meanwhile, BJP workers, under city president Shankar Lalwani, resorted to a sit-in protest at Chawani Circle against "unruly" behaviour of Congress MLAs in the Assembly, a party spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey