Congress to closely challenge BJP in MP polls: Aslam
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan Thursday said that there would a close contest between his party and the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections slated later this year.
There is a "neck-and-neck race between the Congress and the BJP" right now for the upcoming Assembly elections, Aslam said.
"The state government has failed on all fronts and the BJP is living in a dream world if it thinks that it can win the elections," said the leader, who is a former hockey Olympian.
The Congress stands to gain from the appointment of Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia as the chairman of the party`s state poll campaign committee, he said.
Some more committees have also been formed under the chairmanship of various leaders, Aslam said, adding that these will also help the Congress during the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition