Congress to closely challenge BJP in MP polls: Aslam
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan Thursday said that there would a close contest between his party and the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections slated later this year.
There is a "neck-and-neck race between the Congress and the BJP" right now for the upcoming Assembly elections, Aslam said.
"The state government has failed on all fronts and the BJP is living in a dream world if it thinks that it can win the elections," said the leader, who is a former hockey Olympian.
The Congress stands to gain from the appointment of Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia as the chairman of the party`s state poll campaign committee, he said.
Some more committees have also been formed under the chairmanship of various leaders, Aslam said, adding that these will also help the Congress during the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards