Congress to closely challenge BJP in MP polls: Aslam
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan Thursday said that there would a close contest between his party and the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections slated later this year.
There is a "neck-and-neck race between the Congress and the BJP" right now for the upcoming Assembly elections, Aslam said.
"The state government has failed on all fronts and the BJP is living in a dream world if it thinks that it can win the elections," said the leader, who is a former hockey Olympian.
The Congress stands to gain from the appointment of Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia as the chairman of the party`s state poll campaign committee, he said.
Some more committees have also been formed under the chairmanship of various leaders, Aslam said, adding that these will also help the Congress during the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey