Congress to closely challenge BJP in MP polls: Aslam
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan Thursday said that there would a close contest between his party and the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections slated later this year.
There is a "neck-and-neck race between the Congress and the BJP" right now for the upcoming Assembly elections, Aslam said.
"The state government has failed on all fronts and the BJP is living in a dream world if it thinks that it can win the elections," said the leader, who is a former hockey Olympian.
The Congress stands to gain from the appointment of Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia as the chairman of the party`s state poll campaign committee, he said.
Some more committees have also been formed under the chairmanship of various leaders, Aslam said, adding that these will also help the Congress during the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog