Congress to closely challenge BJP in MP polls: Aslam
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan Thursday said that there would a close contest between his party and the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections slated later this year.
There is a "neck-and-neck race between the Congress and the BJP" right now for the upcoming Assembly elections, Aslam said.
"The state government has failed on all fronts and the BJP is living in a dream world if it thinks that it can win the elections," said the leader, who is a former hockey Olympian.
The Congress stands to gain from the appointment of Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia as the chairman of the party`s state poll campaign committee, he said.
Some more committees have also been formed under the chairmanship of various leaders, Aslam said, adding that these will also help the Congress during the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured