Congress to focus on road, power woes in MP: Digvijay
Indore: Former chief minister and senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday said the party would take up the issues of power cuts and bad roads in Madhya Pradesh to highlight BJP government`s failures.
Youth Congress would hold a rally on these issues on October 30, and state Congress would turn them into election issues later, the Congress general secretary said here.
The BJP government had failed to fulfil its promise to provide 24-hour uninterrupted power supply to farmers, and kharif crops, especially soyabean was affected because of lack of power to run pumps, he said.
Deteriorating roads was another big failure of Shivraj Singh Chouhan government, he said.
Commenting on Global Investors Meet beginning here tomorrow, Singh said since 2007 the BJP government had had 1,500 MoUs with investors, of which only 166 were implemented.
On Indore High Court`s recent order asking CBI to probe Treasure Island (TI) scam involving him, Singh said even the present state Minister of Urban Development Babulal Gaur (BJP) was satisfied with the process of allocation of land in TI case, and Economic Offences Wing had given him "clean chit".
Code words in TI files such as X1, X2, X3, X-299 that Digvijay -- then the Chief Minister -- had used had intrigued the court. However, Singh said they were nothing but official `tag marks` and `dispatch order numbers`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference