Congress upbeat after victory in MP civic polls
Bhopal: Opposition Congress today said the party`s victory in municipality elections at Pithampur, Raghogarh and Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh was a good sign for it ahead of the Assembly polls slated by the year-end.
"There is no doubt that the Congress victory in these three elections is a very good sign for the party," State Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agrawal told reporters.
The Congress victory in Raghogarh, the ancestral town party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, is being considered significant for two reasons.
First it marks the beginning of the political career of Aditya Vikram Singh, nephew of Digvijay, who was yesterday also elected as Raghogarh Nagarpalika Chairman.
And secondly, the Congress won 23 out of 24 municipal wards in Raghogarh, an Assembly constituency in Guna district which was once represented by Digvijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics