Congress upbeat after victory in MP civic polls
Bhopal: Opposition Congress today said the party`s victory in municipality elections at Pithampur, Raghogarh and Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh was a good sign for it ahead of the Assembly polls slated by the year-end.
"There is no doubt that the Congress victory in these three elections is a very good sign for the party," State Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agrawal told reporters.
The Congress victory in Raghogarh, the ancestral town party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, is being considered significant for two reasons.
First it marks the beginning of the political career of Aditya Vikram Singh, nephew of Digvijay, who was yesterday also elected as Raghogarh Nagarpalika Chairman.
And secondly, the Congress won 23 out of 24 municipal wards in Raghogarh, an Assembly constituency in Guna district which was once represented by Digvijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age