Congress upbeat after victory in MP civic polls
Bhopal: Opposition Congress today said the party`s victory in municipality elections at Pithampur, Raghogarh and Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh was a good sign for it ahead of the Assembly polls slated by the year-end.
"There is no doubt that the Congress victory in these three elections is a very good sign for the party," State Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agrawal told reporters.
The Congress victory in Raghogarh, the ancestral town party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, is being considered significant for two reasons.
First it marks the beginning of the political career of Aditya Vikram Singh, nephew of Digvijay, who was yesterday also elected as Raghogarh Nagarpalika Chairman.
And secondly, the Congress won 23 out of 24 municipal wards in Raghogarh, an Assembly constituency in Guna district which was once represented by Digvijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH