Congress upbeat after victory in MP civic polls
Bhopal: Opposition Congress today said the party`s victory in municipality elections at Pithampur, Raghogarh and Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh was a good sign for it ahead of the Assembly polls slated by the year-end.
"There is no doubt that the Congress victory in these three elections is a very good sign for the party," State Congress Media Department Chairman Manak Agrawal told reporters.
The Congress victory in Raghogarh, the ancestral town party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, is being considered significant for two reasons.
First it marks the beginning of the political career of Aditya Vikram Singh, nephew of Digvijay, who was yesterday also elected as Raghogarh Nagarpalika Chairman.
And secondly, the Congress won 23 out of 24 municipal wards in Raghogarh, an Assembly constituency in Guna district which was once represented by Digvijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why