Congress walks out from MP House over school boy`s murder
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Thursday staged a walk out charging the BJP government of being "insensitive" in dealing with the kidnap and murder of a school boy and subsequent violence in Shivpuri town last week.
The party also demanded resignation of Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta and suspension of concerned police officials in the matter.
The issue was raised by Ramniwas Rawat, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Dr Govind Singh (all Congress) through a call attention motion. They pointed out a number of lapses on the part of the police that led to violence in the town after the abduction and killing of Utsav Goyal on March 2.
Rawat charged the government with not handling the matter in a sensitive manner which resulted in violence in which an enraged mob not only ransacked a police station but also torched few police vehicles including that of the Sub Divisional Officer of Police.
Chaturvedi also slammed the police and highlighted a mobile number through which calls were made and wanted to know from the Home Minister whether police had tried to find out who owned that cell number and what was his role in the crime.
Mahendra Singh Kalukheda (Congress) also charged the SP with failing to anticipate the situation. "He did not even sent requisition for the required additional force from neighbouring districts to control the situation which led to violence in the town for full two days."
The Congress members also accused the government of not arresting three more persons in the matter who played a major role in the incident.
Tulsiram Silawat and Brijraj Singh Tomar both from Congress also cornered the government on the issue and pressed for suspension of SP and the concerned police station in-charge for lapses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report