Congress wants Madhya Pradesh govt to account for MNREGA funds
Bhopal: Alleging corruption in MNREGA scheme in the state, Opposition Leader in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Friday demanded that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should come up with a detailed account of Rs 21,000 crore received under the central scheme between 2005 and 2011.
Singh alleged in a statement that there was corruption in the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme in almost all the districts of the state.
He said the scheme was started in 2005 and the BJP government in the state must give a detailed account of Rs 21,000 crore it received under the MNREGA scheme from 2005 till 2011.
The Leader of the Opposition said hoardings demanding that the state government share information about MNREGA funds have been put up across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?