Congress wants Madhya Pradesh govt to account for MNREGA funds
Bhopal: Alleging corruption in MNREGA scheme in the state, Opposition Leader in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Friday demanded that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should come up with a detailed account of Rs 21,000 crore received under the central scheme between 2005 and 2011.
Singh alleged in a statement that there was corruption in the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme in almost all the districts of the state.
He said the scheme was started in 2005 and the BJP government in the state must give a detailed account of Rs 21,000 crore it received under the MNREGA scheme from 2005 till 2011.
The Leader of the Opposition said hoardings demanding that the state government share information about MNREGA funds have been put up across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’