Congress wants MP govt to account for MNREGA funds
Bhopal: Alleging corruption in MNREGA scheme in the state, Opposition Leader in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Friday demanded that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should come up with a detailed account of Rs 21,000 crore received under the central scheme between 2005 and 2011.
Singh alleged in a statement that there was corruption in the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme in almost all the districts of the state.
He said the scheme was started in 2005 and the BJP government in the state must give a detailed account of Rs 21,000 crore it received under the MNREGA scheme from 2005 till 2011.
The Leader of the Opposition said hoardings demanding that the state government share information about MNREGA funds have been put up across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'