Congress workers burn Zardari`s effigy
Bhopal: An effigy of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was on Saturday burnt by workers of Madhya Pradesh Congress Minority Department to protest the killing of two Indian soldiers by troops of the neighbouring country.
Addressing a gathering after the effigy was burnt in MP Nagar here, MP Congress Minority Department Coordinator Arif Masood said that Pakistan Army had committed a heinous crime by brutally killing the jawans, Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj, across the LoC earlier this week.
"We are proud of our Jawans who laid down their lives for the country and its people."
Not only the present generation but even the coming generations will not forget their sacrifice, the Congress leader maintained.
Masood demanded from the Centre take strong action against Pakistan, who on one hand talks of peace but on the other commits heinous crimes on the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test