Congress workers burn Zardari`s effigy
Bhopal: An effigy of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was on Saturday burnt by workers of Madhya Pradesh Congress Minority Department to protest the killing of two Indian soldiers by troops of the neighbouring country.
Addressing a gathering after the effigy was burnt in MP Nagar here, MP Congress Minority Department Coordinator Arif Masood said that Pakistan Army had committed a heinous crime by brutally killing the jawans, Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj, across the LoC earlier this week.
"We are proud of our Jawans who laid down their lives for the country and its people."
Not only the present generation but even the coming generations will not forget their sacrifice, the Congress leader maintained.
Masood demanded from the Centre take strong action against Pakistan, who on one hand talks of peace but on the other commits heinous crimes on the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age
- Curfew, restrictions imposed to prevent protests in Kashmir
- Reality check: How will India fare at 2016 Rio Olympics?