Constable shot dead, one arrested in MP
Sagar: Police have arrested a man for allegedly shooting to death a constable, police said.
The incident took place at Sihora Chowki under Rahatgarh police station here last night, in which, constable Shivraj Singh died, they said.
According to police, they had received a tip-off that two persons carrying illegal arms, would be passing through the area.
The cops soon spotted a duo on a motorcyle. However, when the police asked them to stop the vehicle, the accused opened fire, in which the constable was injured, they said.
The victim, who was injured in the neck, was rushed to the district hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, police added.
One of the accused Manish Rajak from Bhopal was arrested, while his accomplice Pavan is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?