Constable shot dead, one arrested in MP
Sagar: Police have arrested a man for allegedly shooting to death a constable, police said.
The incident took place at Sihora Chowki under Rahatgarh police station here last night, in which, constable Shivraj Singh died, they said.
According to police, they had received a tip-off that two persons carrying illegal arms, would be passing through the area.
The cops soon spotted a duo on a motorcyle. However, when the police asked them to stop the vehicle, the accused opened fire, in which the constable was injured, they said.
The victim, who was injured in the neck, was rushed to the district hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, police added.
One of the accused Manish Rajak from Bhopal was arrested, while his accomplice Pavan is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband