Control crime in Delhi first: MP BJP chief to Cong
Bhopal: Hitting back at Congress for criticising BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh over growing incidents of rape, state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar on Tuesday asked Congressmen to first control crime graph in New Delhi.
"Congress should take care of its own house (Delhi) first before talking about Madhya Pradesh," Tomar told reporters at his residence.
He was responding to a media query on the opposition party`s criticism of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government on the law and order front.
When asked if he would contest Assembly polls, the newly elected state BJP chief said that so far nothing is certain, but he would do so if the party asked him to do so.
Tomar said he would ensure that maximum number of poll tickets should be given to youth and women, though the party would assess if the candidates could win elections.
Referring to reports of party tickets likely to be given to sons and daughters of BJP leaders, he said he is of the opinion that if any party leader`s son is actively working in the party, then there is no harm in fielding him.
Results of the recent Krishi Upaj Mandi elections have shown that the party`s popularity graph is rising, the BJP state chief said, adding that it is a good sign for the 2013 Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!