Cop suspended for entering religious premises in tipsy state
Seoni (MP): A police inspector was suspended for allegedly disrespecting the sanctity of a religious place by entering it in an "inebriated state," a senior police official said on Sunday.
Kanhiwada Police Station in-charge N S Kumre, while on patrolling duty late last night, entered a religious place to enquire about some renovation work going on there.
At that time, a person there engaged in the renovation work found that the police officer was in an inebriated condition and had also not removed his shoes before entering the sacred place, Seoni district`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Mithilesh Shukla told reporters here.
The employee immediately informed the authorities following which several persons reached the spot and confined Kumre to a room.
They later informed senior police officials about it following which Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Mukesh Shrivastava reached the spot and released Kumre from there.
The police personnel was later taken to a hospital for his medical examination which confirmed that he was in an inebriated condition, the SP said.
Taking serious note of it, the SP immediately ordered suspension of Kumre and a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH