Cop suspended for entering religious premises in tipsy state
Seoni (MP): A police inspector was suspended for allegedly disrespecting the sanctity of a religious place by entering it in an "inebriated state," a senior police official said on Sunday.
Kanhiwada Police Station in-charge N S Kumre, while on patrolling duty late last night, entered a religious place to enquire about some renovation work going on there.
At that time, a person there engaged in the renovation work found that the police officer was in an inebriated condition and had also not removed his shoes before entering the sacred place, Seoni district`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Mithilesh Shukla told reporters here.
The employee immediately informed the authorities following which several persons reached the spot and confined Kumre to a room.
They later informed senior police officials about it following which Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Mukesh Shrivastava reached the spot and released Kumre from there.
The police personnel was later taken to a hospital for his medical examination which confirmed that he was in an inebriated condition, the SP said.
Taking serious note of it, the SP immediately ordered suspension of Kumre and a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India