Cop trying to stop illegal mining mowed down by tr
Morena: Barely three months after mowing down of IPS officer Narendra Kumar, the mining mafia of Madhya Pradesh struck again by allegedly killing a head constable and injuring a constable in neighbouring Dholpur district of Rajasthan.
Acting on a tip-off on Tuesday that four trucks carrying illegally mined sand from Chambal river were moving towards Dholpur, Morena`s Saraichola police station in-charge T N Pal chased them but they managed to enter Rajasthan area, police said today.
Pal immediately informed his Rajasthan counterpart at Sagarpada police station about them following which head constable - Mahendra Singh and constable - Virendra Singh chased them on their motorcycle.
On noticing the police, three trucks fled towards Agra while one moved towards Sachkund. When the policemen chased the fourth truck and tried to stop it, the driver mowed them down killing Mahendra on the spot and seriously injured Virendra, police said.
Dholpur`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Harendra Kumar said, on getting information about four trucks carrying illegally mined sand from Chambal river in Madhya Pradesh were entering Rajasthan, he had directed the policemen to nab them.
The truck driver fled from the spot after the incident while his vehicle was seized. It was found to be registered in the name of - Ramdhan Gurjar of Piprai village in Morena district.
A case has been registered against the truck driver and efforts are on to nab him.
Madhya Pradesh High Court`s Gwalior Bench has declared Chambal river as `protected` in view of the presence of crocodiles in it and has banned sand mining in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'