Cop`s son sets afire tribal girl to death for resisting rape
Damoh (MP): A teenaged tribal girl was
burnt to death by a policeman`s son when he failed to rape her
due to her resistance at Sedara village in the district,
police said today.
The incident took place last evening under Batiyagarh
police station area when the 15-year-old girl was alone at her
house. Govind Thakur, son of a constable Kalyan Singh forcibly
entered the house and allegedly tried to rape her,
Superintendent of Police D K Arya said.
When the victim opposed it, Thakur poured kerosene
over her and set her afire following which she sustained
serious burn injuries, he said.
Later, she was admitted to the Damoh District Hospital
where she succumbed to her burn injuries during treatment this
morning, Arya said.
A case has been registered against the accused who was
later arrested, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy