Cop`s son sets afire tribal girl to death for resisting rape
Damoh (MP): A teenaged tribal girl was
burnt to death by a policeman`s son when he failed to rape her
due to her resistance at Sedara village in the district,
police said today.
The incident took place last evening under Batiyagarh
police station area when the 15-year-old girl was alone at her
house. Govind Thakur, son of a constable Kalyan Singh forcibly
entered the house and allegedly tried to rape her,
Superintendent of Police D K Arya said.
When the victim opposed it, Thakur poured kerosene
over her and set her afire following which she sustained
serious burn injuries, he said.
Later, she was admitted to the Damoh District Hospital
where she succumbed to her burn injuries during treatment this
morning, Arya said.
A case has been registered against the accused who was
later arrested, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah