Corruption in MP rising under BJP rule, alleges Congress
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday alleged that corruption in the state has been institutionalised under the BJP rule.
The Congress leader said,"the incidents of a sales tax department official accepting a bribe and an MLA taking money for raising a question in the Assembly are glaring examples of rampant corruption under the BJP rule in the state."
"These examples have proved how deep-rooted corruption is in Madhya Pradesh under the BJP rule," the Congress leader said in a statement.
He alleged that during the nine years of BJP rule, the only achievement of the government is that the "corruption has turned into a protocol in Madhya Pradesh".
Ajay also alleged that, in the anti-tuberculosis drug purchase scam in which a director level officer was booked, the then health minister and two senior officers were spared, which proved that the government merely scapegoats low level officers and employees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!