Corruption in MP rising under BJP rule, alleges Congress
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday alleged that corruption in the state has been institutionalised under the BJP rule.
The Congress leader said,"the incidents of a sales tax department official accepting a bribe and an MLA taking money for raising a question in the Assembly are glaring examples of rampant corruption under the BJP rule in the state."
"These examples have proved how deep-rooted corruption is in Madhya Pradesh under the BJP rule," the Congress leader said in a statement.
He alleged that during the nine years of BJP rule, the only achievement of the government is that the "corruption has turned into a protocol in Madhya Pradesh".
Ajay also alleged that, in the anti-tuberculosis drug purchase scam in which a director level officer was booked, the then health minister and two senior officers were spared, which proved that the government merely scapegoats low level officers and employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia