Corruption, inflation to be 2014 election issues: BJP
Indore: Calling the UPA government a symbol of "flop governance", senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik said inflation, rampant corruption and external security will be issues raised by his party during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The UPA government has failed miserably to control petroleum prices and was attributing it to rise in price of crude oil internationally, he told reporters here.
Comparing the present situation with that of the NDA regime in which he was Union Petroleum Minister, he claimed that the situation was no different then, but the NDA government handled it well.
Though former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee was not an economist, he realised the people`s needs, whereas the UPA government was a symbol of "flop governance" on all fronts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16