Corruption, inflation to be 2014 election issues: BJP
Indore: Calling the UPA government a symbol of "flop governance", senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik said inflation, rampant corruption and external security will be issues raised by his party during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The UPA government has failed miserably to control petroleum prices and was attributing it to rise in price of crude oil internationally, he told reporters here.
Comparing the present situation with that of the NDA regime in which he was Union Petroleum Minister, he claimed that the situation was no different then, but the NDA government handled it well.
Though former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee was not an economist, he realised the people`s needs, whereas the UPA government was a symbol of "flop governance" on all fronts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016