Corruption, inflation to be 2014 election issues: BJP
Indore: Calling the UPA government a symbol of "flop governance", senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik said inflation, rampant corruption and external security will be issues raised by his party during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The UPA government has failed miserably to control petroleum prices and was attributing it to rise in price of crude oil internationally, he told reporters here.
Comparing the present situation with that of the NDA regime in which he was Union Petroleum Minister, he claimed that the situation was no different then, but the NDA government handled it well.
Though former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee was not an economist, he realised the people`s needs, whereas the UPA government was a symbol of "flop governance" on all fronts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- North Korea rolls out on-demand TV service
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh