Corruption, inflation to be 2014 election issues: BJP
Indore: Calling the UPA government a symbol of "flop governance", senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik said inflation, rampant corruption and external security will be issues raised by his party during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The UPA government has failed miserably to control petroleum prices and was attributing it to rise in price of crude oil internationally, he told reporters here.
Comparing the present situation with that of the NDA regime in which he was Union Petroleum Minister, he claimed that the situation was no different then, but the NDA government handled it well.
Though former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee was not an economist, he realised the people`s needs, whereas the UPA government was a symbol of "flop governance" on all fronts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!