Corruption, inflation to be 2014 election issues: BJP
Indore: Calling the UPA government a symbol of "flop governance", senior BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik said inflation, rampant corruption and external security will be issues raised by his party during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The UPA government has failed miserably to control petroleum prices and was attributing it to rise in price of crude oil internationally, he told reporters here.
Comparing the present situation with that of the NDA regime in which he was Union Petroleum Minister, he claimed that the situation was no different then, but the NDA government handled it well.
Though former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee was not an economist, he realised the people`s needs, whereas the UPA government was a symbol of "flop governance" on all fronts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video