Couple found murdered in Indore
Indore: A businessman and his wife were found brutally murdered at their residence here, police said Thursday.
The bodies of Sharad Agrawal (50) and his wife Jyoti Agrawal (45), having stab wounds and strangulation marks, were found in separate rooms at their farmhouse in Martand Nagar late last night, Rajendra Nagar police station incharge Dharmveer Singh said.
The couple`s domestic helps and guards working at the farm house were missing since last evening, Singh said.
The deceased used to run a water purifier manufacturing unit in the city, he said.
The house was supposedly also burgled by the culprit, police said.
The couple`s son is based in Bangalore and their daughter lives in Kolkata, they said.
Senior police officials and forensic experts visited the spot last night, he said.
Based on a video footage obtained from a camera installed in the house, the role of a gardener, Sukhlal, was suspected in the murder, SP-West Anil Kushwaha told reporters here.
Inspector-General of Police (Indore Division) Vipin Maheshwari has announced a reward of Rs 15,000 leading to any link and arrest of the culprit, he said.
The assailant apparently used pieces of glass to stab the couple, Kushwaha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das