Couple killed, seven others injured in wall collapse in Bhopal
Bhopal: A couple was killed and seven others were injured today after a roadside wall in the Lal Ghati area collapsed due to rains and fell over huts constructed near it, police said.
The incident took place around 5 AM when the roadside wall collapsed and fell over huts near it killing a couple identified as Jeevanlal (33) and his wife Jyoti (32), Koh-e-Fiza police station sub-inspector said.
Seven people, including two kids of the couple were also injured in the incident, he said, adding they were admitted in the Government Hamidia hospital.
The district administration has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
The matter was also raised by local Congress MLA Arif Aqueel in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly who demanded an assistance of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi