Couple killed, seven others injured in wall collapse in Bhopal
Bhopal: A couple was killed and seven others were injured today after a roadside wall in the Lal Ghati area collapsed due to rains and fell over huts constructed near it, police said.
The incident took place around 5 AM when the roadside wall collapsed and fell over huts near it killing a couple identified as Jeevanlal (33) and his wife Jyoti (32), Koh-e-Fiza police station sub-inspector said.
Seven people, including two kids of the couple were also injured in the incident, he said, adding they were admitted in the Government Hamidia hospital.
The district administration has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
The matter was also raised by local Congress MLA Arif Aqueel in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly who demanded an assistance of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay
- VVIP choppers deal: ED summons Mitchel's Indian contacts
- Lenovo files trademark for 'Moto Z' smartphone; end of Moto X series?
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor