Couple killed, seven others injured in wall collapse in Bhopal
Bhopal: A couple was killed and seven others were injured today after a roadside wall in the Lal Ghati area collapsed due to rains and fell over huts constructed near it, police said.
The incident took place around 5 AM when the roadside wall collapsed and fell over huts near it killing a couple identified as Jeevanlal (33) and his wife Jyoti (32), Koh-e-Fiza police station sub-inspector said.
Seven people, including two kids of the couple were also injured in the incident, he said, adding they were admitted in the Government Hamidia hospital.
The district administration has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
The matter was also raised by local Congress MLA Arif Aqueel in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly who demanded an assistance of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?