Couple killed, seven others injured in wall collapse in Bhopal
Bhopal: A couple was killed and seven others were injured today after a roadside wall in the Lal Ghati area collapsed due to rains and fell over huts constructed near it, police said.
The incident took place around 5 AM when the roadside wall collapsed and fell over huts near it killing a couple identified as Jeevanlal (33) and his wife Jyoti (32), Koh-e-Fiza police station sub-inspector said.
Seven people, including two kids of the couple were also injured in the incident, he said, adding they were admitted in the Government Hamidia hospital.
The district administration has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
The matter was also raised by local Congress MLA Arif Aqueel in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly who demanded an assistance of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000