Couple plunges to death in Indira Sagar reservoir
Khandwa: A `childless` couple allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday by jumping into Indira Sagar dam reservoir at Narmada Nagar in Khandwa district, police said.
The deceased, hailing from Beed village, were identified as Natwarlal Bhavsar (45) and his wife Kamla Bhavsar (38), Additional SP Devendra Patidar told reporters, adding that the couple was childless and could have taken the extreme step out of frustration though he did not specify the exact cause since investigations are underway.
However, according to villagers, the couple left home early in the morning for taking bath in Narmada river but later plunged into the reservoir from the dam`s viewpoint.
Police said they have fished out the bodies and were investigating the case to find out if it was a suicide or an accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`