Couple plunges to death in Indira Sagar reservoir
Khandwa: A `childless` couple allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday by jumping into Indira Sagar dam reservoir at Narmada Nagar in Khandwa district, police said.
The deceased, hailing from Beed village, were identified as Natwarlal Bhavsar (45) and his wife Kamla Bhavsar (38), Additional SP Devendra Patidar told reporters, adding that the couple was childless and could have taken the extreme step out of frustration though he did not specify the exact cause since investigations are underway.
However, according to villagers, the couple left home early in the morning for taking bath in Narmada river but later plunged into the reservoir from the dam`s viewpoint.
Police said they have fished out the bodies and were investigating the case to find out if it was a suicide or an accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note