Couple plunges to death in Indira Sagar reservoir
Khandwa: A `childless` couple allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday by jumping into Indira Sagar dam reservoir at Narmada Nagar in Khandwa district, police said.
The deceased, hailing from Beed village, were identified as Natwarlal Bhavsar (45) and his wife Kamla Bhavsar (38), Additional SP Devendra Patidar told reporters, adding that the couple was childless and could have taken the extreme step out of frustration though he did not specify the exact cause since investigations are underway.
However, according to villagers, the couple left home early in the morning for taking bath in Narmada river but later plunged into the reservoir from the dam`s viewpoint.
Police said they have fished out the bodies and were investigating the case to find out if it was a suicide or an accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez