Court asks MP police to screen papers in land grab case
Bhopal: A court today directed police to ascertain veracity of documents on the basis of which BJP MP Prabhat Jha and others had levelled land grabbing charges against Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Ajay Singh.
The directive was issued by Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Manoj Kumar Sharma on a petition filed by Ajay challenging the land grabbing charges levelled against him by Jha and other BJP leaders, including Nandkumar Singh Chouhan and Kunwar Singh.
Last year, the BJP leaders alleged that Ajay and his family members had grabbed land belonging to tribals in their ancestral Sada village in Sidhi district. They had submitted some documents to support their claim.
Ajay had claimed the documents were fake. The Leader of Opposition in the MP Assembly had filed a case against Jha on June 5 last year in this regard.
He also filed a defamation suit against Jha, a former state BJP president, on June 18.
The court directed the police to submit its report on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi