Court asks MP police to screen papers in land grab case
Bhopal: A court today directed police to ascertain veracity of documents on the basis of which BJP MP Prabhat Jha and others had levelled land grabbing charges against Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Ajay Singh.
The directive was issued by Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Manoj Kumar Sharma on a petition filed by Ajay challenging the land grabbing charges levelled against him by Jha and other BJP leaders, including Nandkumar Singh Chouhan and Kunwar Singh.
Last year, the BJP leaders alleged that Ajay and his family members had grabbed land belonging to tribals in their ancestral Sada village in Sidhi district. They had submitted some documents to support their claim.
Ajay had claimed the documents were fake. The Leader of Opposition in the MP Assembly had filed a case against Jha on June 5 last year in this regard.
He also filed a defamation suit against Jha, a former state BJP president, on June 18.
The court directed the police to submit its report on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry